Re: Re: Create Database automatacally after silent installation of postgresql. ?

From: Raghavendra <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Create Database automatacally after silent installation of postgresql. ?
Date: 2011-04-27 14:01:30
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> hirenlad, 27.04.2011 09:47:
>
> Hiii
>> Hey i m using postgresql 8.4. now i m install postgresql8.4 silently
>> and it work properly, no issue during this process. Now problem is i want
>> create one database automatically after install postgresql 8.4.
>>
>> Can u plz inform me is it possible ? and if it is possible then how ?
>>

> Simply run initdb after your installation is finished.

If you say, new database in the same cluster(/data directory running on 5432
port) then by default there will be three
databases(postgres,template0,template1), for new you can use CREATE DATABASE
command.

If you want another cluster, you can use INITDB as said by Thomas

Best Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise Postgres Company
Email: raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Blog: http://raghavt.blogspot.com/