Weekly Report #1 GSOC 2001 [02/05 - 08/05]

From: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Subject: Weekly Report #1 GSOC 2001 [02/05 - 08/05]
Date: 2011-05-10 04:02:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Last week, I updated after some research my github repo forked from pgAdmin
github mirror

https://github.com/postgres/pgadmin3

and then I merge it with ticket225 branch from Guillaume with all last GSoC
work and Guillaume changes at:

https://github.com/gleu/pgadmin3/tree/ticket225

and after that I created a branch at my github pgAdmin forked repo and
Guillaume changes at:

https://github.com/xiul/pgadmin3/tree/gsoc2011

Later after setup my development environment and an initial commit and some
fixes after the merge because changes in version of pgAdmin used , now I'm
able to compile the database designer at pgAdmin source code.

This code still have some errors and I should check if with all the merge
conflicts that I got when I made rebase I don't affect other parts of
pgAdmin, but in any case final patches should only affect my designer and
not anything else at pgAdmin source code.

Today I created a wiki page for this project and my schedule for it, anyone
can check it at:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_of_improvements_in_pgAdmin_physical_database_designer_module

As I wrote at my schedule at wiki page, my first goal is to get a patch of
the physical database designer with commitable candidate status.

Because that I'm going to start to implement Guillaume directions at my
source code this week, and I'll appreciate any other suggestion to allow
getting a "commitable candidate status" (not meaning a commit needed just it
can be done, real commitable status is reserved for final patch).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Luis.

Project Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/xiul (start to use it this week)