Re: Weekly Report #1 GSOC 2001 [02/05 - 08/05]

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weekly Report #1 GSOC 2001 [02/05 - 08/05]
Date: 2011-05-10 20:54:02
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 05/10/2011 06:02 AM, Luis Ochoa wrote:
> Last week, I updated after some research my github repo forked from pgAdmin
> github mirror
>
> https://github.com/postgres/pgadmin3
>
> and then I merge it with ticket225 branch from Guillaume with all last GSoC
> work and Guillaume changes at:
>
> https://github.com/gleu/pgadmin3/tree/ticket225
>
> and after that I created a branch at my github pgAdmin forked repo and
> Guillaume changes at:
>
> https://github.com/xiul/pgadmin3/tree/gsoc2011
>
> Later after setup my development environment and an initial commit and some
> fixes after the merge because changes in version of pgAdmin used , now I'm
> able to compile the database designer at pgAdmin source code.
>
> This code still have some errors and I should check if with all the merge
> conflicts that I got when I made rebase I don't affect other parts of
> pgAdmin, but in any case final patches should only affect my designer and
> not anything else at pgAdmin source code.

Yeah, there shouldn't be much conflict. Your code is on its own
directory. I guess the main issue will be the build script.

> Today I created a wiki page for this project and my schedule for it, anyone
> can check it at:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Development_of_improvements_in_pgAdmin_physical_database_designer_module

Seems good at first read.

> As I wrote at my schedule at wiki page, my first goal is to get a patch of
> the physical database designer with commitable candidate status.

+1

> Because that I'm going to start to implement Guillaume directions at my
> source code this week, and I'll appreciate any other suggestion to allow
> getting a "commitable candidate status" (not meaning a commit needed just it
> can be done, real commitable status is reserved for final patch).

Nope. It'll be commited ASAP (meaning when the dev branch will be open
again). We won't wait till the end of GSoC. I really want us to make
commits each time we reach a commitable state. We can't really do this
right now because we are in beta now, but as soon as we open the dev
branch, I want each commitable patch to be commited.

Thanks for your report.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr