Re: Input and Output data traffic

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca <israel(dot)bgf(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Input and Output data traffic
Date: 2011-05-11 12:51:06
Lists: psycopg

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca
<israel(dot)bgf(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> 1) I would say that it is a premature optimization, actually thats a Paper
> for my university, I'm doing some ORMxDirect Access comparisons between
> different languages and frameworks. After some tests, i got these "strange"
> results, that's why I called you guys. :)

Appreciate, thanks :)

> 2) That would be very nice if we could help to improve psycopg driver. If I
> did a smaller documented-test-suite and sent it to you would it be helpful?

Yes, any result that would improve the driver would be of course well accepted.

Before going for a well packaged test, have you seen what is the
difference in the communication? There may be some obvious (after you
know) design difference, such as the jdbc driver caching the plan, or
the results, or using the binary protocol.

Cheers,

-- Daniele