create a database with encoding LATIN1

From: Didier Gasser-Morlay <didiergm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: sebastien(at)hollox(dot)net
Subject: create a database with encoding LATIN1
Date: 2011-05-03 14:51:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

This is how I do it: when you setup your db cluster, chose the locale 'C'
this will let you select LATIN1 as a database encoding. (or as fas as I
understand, any other encoding)

If you let it at the default value, the cluster lc is defaulted to the
serveur local charset, in your case UTF8 - English_Canada.1252 (as would any
modern windows/linux server be nowadays)

Hope this helps
Didier