Re: A small step towards more organized beta testing

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A small step towards more organized beta testing
Date: 2011-05-03 18:59:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> On 5/3/11 1:28 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
>>> Hackers,
>>>
>>> I've replaced test-report-by-email with a GoogleDocs application for Beta1.
>>
>> Didn't we stop doing that when the buildfarm came along?
>
> This is user beta tests, not build tests.  If you looked at the form,
> you'd see that it's for a completely different kind of test.

I did, I just don't recall doing anything other than the old platform
support emails in the past. Even the pgsql-testers list seems to be
almost entirely full of bug reports, though I do see two or three
emails claiming to be test reports now I look more closely.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company