Re: ALTER TABLE doc small thing

From: Grzegorz Szpetkowski <gszpetkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE doc small thing
Date: 2011-05-09 18:12:13
Lists: pgsql-docs

"NOTE 30 — If MATCH FULL or MATCH PARTIAL is specified for a
referential constraint and if the referencing table has only one
column specified in <referential constraint definition> for that
referential constraint, or if the referencing table has more than one
specified column for that <referential constraint definition>, but
none of those columns is nullable, then the effect is the same as if
no
<match type> were specified."

I found that in SQL:2003 draft, so in above case MATCH FULL is
syntactically ok, but rather confusing and effectively do nothing
(maybe just impression purpose).

Regards,
G. Sz.