Live records and number of records are differents...

From: F T <oukile(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Live records and number of records are differents...
Date: 2011-06-27 15:12:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello list,

I use PostgreSQL 8.4 and Postgis 1.4.

I use FME to insert 772185 records in a table (multipolygons that represent
parcels).

Everything seems fine but...
If I type select count(*), I get the right number of records : 772185
records.

But If I use pgAdmin and have a look in the stats :
- row inserted = 772185 OK fine,
- but the number of live rows is 772308...

I don't understand why the number of live rows and the number of rows is
différent...
Any explaination would be very appreciated !
Thanks you

Fabrice

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 10.3 KB