Re: Input and Output data traffic

From: Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca <israel(dot)bgf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Input and Output data traffic
Date: 2011-05-11 12:01:35
Lists: psycopg

I'm not with java code right now, but the python one is this:

def inserir(self, curso):
cursor = self.conn.cursor()
cursor.execute("""insert into Curso(area, carga_horaria, ementa,
nome)
values(%s, %s, %s, %s)""",
(curso.area, curso.carga_horaria, curso.ementa,
curso.nome))
cursor.close()
self.conn.commit()

- Simple insert, without returning.
- With a proxy between application and database i measured the quantity of
transfered data.
- Executed 1000 times.

Note: I tried to reuse the same cursor (instead of creating a new one every
time) and didn't get any significant change.

About server side cursors, I thought that it would only matter for select
statements. Wouldn't? Is it possible to implement this differently?