Feature request: Replicate only parts of a database

From: A B <gentosaker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: postgresql Forums <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Feature request: Replicate only parts of a database
Date: 2011-05-27 04:53:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there!
I have a small problem, in a database I need to export parts of a
database table to another server, and I could easily accomplish ( I
hope) that by creating a view and select * from the view and send it
over to the other server or use triggers to record what rows are
inserted and deleted. (I have not written that part yet)

With the new very nice streaming replication, I think it would be much
better if the database could send the data directly to the other
server instead of having to write my own sync-script.
But I don't want to sync the entire database since only a very small
fraction of the data should be replicated.

How about putting that on the feature request list? :-)