Handling bytea field in partition trigger function

From: Doug Johnson <dojohnso(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Handling bytea field in partition trigger function
Date: 2011-04-01 23:09:00
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to partition a table that has a btyea field used to store pdf
data. Basically the procedure filters by date, and creates a new table every
month. I'm having problems with the executed sql string that moves the data
into the partitioned table from the main insert.

I'm setting

n_document_object bytea := NEW.document_object;

but then the string executed doesn't work. So I'm thinking I need to bind
within the function, but I can figure out how. I'm having a hard time
finding answers because I'm not exactly sure what I need to ask.

Any help with guidance in what I'm trying to do/ask would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Doug