CIDR address in pg_hba.conf

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CIDR address in pg_hba.conf
Date: 2011-06-06 16:31:54
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi,

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/auth-pg-hba-conf.html
> An IP address is specified in standard dotted decimal notation with
> a CIDR mask length. The mask length indicates the number of
> high-order bits of the client IP address that must match. Bits to the
> right of this must be zero in the given IP address.

Is the last statement correct? When I specified the following setting
in pg_hba.conf, I could not find any problem in PostgreSQL.

host all all 192.168.1.99/24 trust

As far as I read the code, those bits seem not to need to be zero.
Attached patch just removes that statement.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center