Re: pg_archivecleanup with multiple slaves

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ben Lancaster <benlancaster(at)holler(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_archivecleanup with multiple slaves
Date: 2011-05-20 15:30:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Ben Lancaster
<benlancaster(at)holler(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:
> The problem I have is that pg_archivecleanup (running on one of the slaves) was removing WAL logs before the other slave had picked up the changes, thus breaking replication for the second slave. As an interim fix, I simply disabled the automatic cleanup and figured I'd worry about it later.

I'm afraid there is no clean solution. In order to address this
problem, we probably
should change the master for 9.2 so that it collects the information
about the cutoff
point from each standby and calls pg_archivecleanup.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center