Re: [HACKERS] Re: New Canadian nonprofit for trademark, postgresql.org domain, etc.

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(dot)debian(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: New Canadian nonprofit for trademark, postgresql.org domain, etc.
Date: 2011-05-07 18:16:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

I quite agree with Peter's comments. Keeping this corporation as simple to
manage as possible is a considerably valuable feature. If we find we need
an "activity corporation," it won't be all that difficult to found that, and
it's worth noting that *that* organization would need to have a
substantially different board managing it.

Not totally Idle thought: it would be nice if the "holding corporation"
doesn't need a bank account, as they impose burdens of fees (not huge, but
not providing us notable value), and more importantly, impose administrative
burdens. Our banks like to impose holds on accounts any time they are left
inactive for ~six months, which is definitely a pain. It's a pain for my
local LUG, which normally has financial activity only about once a year.