Pg_hba and dynamic dns

From: Randall Perry <rgp(at)systame(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pg_hba and dynamic dns
Date: 2003-05-08 22:40:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've discovered I can use URLs for an IP address in pg_hba.conf, and
everything works ok if the host can be resolved.

If it can't be resolved I get the error:
psql: FATAL: Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for
details

And then all tcp/ip is denied.

That sucks -- means I can't use dynamic DNS. Anyone else think tcp/ip access
shouldn't break if a URL can't be resolved?

--
Randall Perry
sysTame

Xserve Web Hosting/Co-location