Not Enough Connections

From: Hunter Hillegas <lists(at)lastonepicked(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Not Enough Connections
Date: 2003-03-10 18:25:48
Lists: pgsql-general

We just upgraded from 7.2.2 to 7.3.2. Since the upgrade I am having trouble
getting clients connected to the server. Basically I am running out of
connections.

The postmaster was originally started with the default settings. Since then
the limit has been upped to 200 connections (along with some other stuff
like shared mem stuff) and I did a pg_ctl reload to get the new settings in
there...

Still getting the FATAL error about connections. Running ps shows about 36
processes related to postgres, certainly not near 200 connections.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hunter