Re: readline configure error again.. Problem solved

From: Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: readline configure error again.. Problem solved
Date: 2003-01-21 12:19:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Ok, after some more fiddling and something I spotted on an R mailing list...
I had built readline, but not as a shared library... So building readline
thus

./configure
make
make install
make shared
make install-shared

and then

./configure --with-perl --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql7.3.1
--with-libs=/usr/local/lib --with-includes=/usr/local/include

... make ... etc

for postgresql, everything worked ok.

Thanks

adam

> Adam Witney <awitney(at)sghms(dot)ac(dot)uk> writes:
>> Any ideas why this is not finding readline?
>
> The error message does suggest looking into config.log ...
>
> My bet is either a search path problem or you are missing a required
> library (on some platforms libreadline depends on libtermcap, IIRC).
>
> regards, tom lane

believed to be clean.