Re: plpgsql TEMP table issue not fixed in 8.1?

From: "Jim Klo" <jklo(at)webassociates(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plpgsql TEMP table issue not fixed in 8.1?
Date: 2005-12-15 19:09:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>Folks,
>
>I'd swear somebody committed a fix for the issue with temp tables
inside
>plpgsql functions, like, months ago. Yet I still get:

>ERROR: relation with OID 16607 does not exist
>CONTEXT: SQL statement "INSERT INTO tmp_runs ( run_id, batch, machine
)
>VALUES ( NEXTVAL('runs_run_id_seq'), $1 , $2 [ $3 ] )"
> PL/pgSQL function "generate_test_series" line 67 at SQL
statement
>ERROR: relation with OID 16607 does not exist

I'm having a similar problem:

ERROR: relation with OID 7121526 does not exist
CONTEXT: SQL statement "SELECT * INTO temp tmp_resourcequeue from
resourcequeue where timeblockid in (select timeblockid from
tmp_timeblock)"
PL/pgSQL function "archivetimeblocks" line 54 at SQL statement

Works the first time, but not the second... even tho the temp table has
been explicitly dropped between executions.

Is there a fix or workaround for this yet?

Jim Klo

Sr. Web Systems Engineer

Web Associates

http://webassociates.com