Can't get more than 255 chars out of memo field in Access 97.

From: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't get more than 255 chars out of memo field in Access 97.
Date: 2002-11-26 19:49:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm using ODBC driver PostgreSQL + Unicode (Beta) 7.02.00.04 to talk to a (linux) Postgres 7.3b5
from Access 97 under WinXP. Using ODBC linked tables from the Access front end - I am unable to
get a text field (which was formerlly a memo field when it was local to Access) to allow me to enter
more than 255 characters into the database. I've tried altering the DataType options and increasing
sizes about every iteration I can think of with no luck. Am I running into an ODBC driver issue or
Access? Any ideas how I can get around this?

thanx & later,

Ben Scherrey