Building PostgreSQL 7.2.1 w/ Tcl/Tk support on Mac OS X

From: "Michael J(dot) Ditto" <janus(at)frii(dot)com>
To: pgaccess-developers <developers(at)pgaccess(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Building PostgreSQL 7.2.1 w/ Tcl/Tk support on Mac OS X
Date: 2002-07-16 21:24:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

So being very new with this code, I'd just like to get a feel for whether
what I am seeing is consistent with what others have seen when they have
attempted to build on Mac OS X 10.1.x.

I built Tcl and Tk 8.4b1, and then PostgreSQL with Tcl support enabled.
When PostgreSQL builds it reports the below fatal link error. I believe Tk
yielded some warnings, but like an idiot I overwrote the log file instead of
appending so I am now rebuilding Tk to find out what the warnings are.
Unfortunately that takes about 3 hours, so I thought I'd at least get this
out here. If this is at least similar to what others have seen, I'll begin
tracking it down. Feel free to take this offline if you like.

Thanks,
Mike Ditto

gcc -traditional-cpp -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations pgtclAppInit.o -L../../../src/interfaces/libpgtcl
-lpgtcl -L../../../src/interfaces/libpq -lpq -L/sw/lib -lz -ldl -lm -o
pgtclsh
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_Tcl_Init
_Tcl_Main