Re: How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Craig Ringer" <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date: 2016-03-07 19:31:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

From: Craig Ringer
* Make a directory of software/services that can be used with PostgreSQL on the community web site (wiki.postgresql.org or www.postgresql.org).
Software/services vendors and PostgreSQL developers/users can edit this directory.

I thought we had that? Yep.

http://www.postgresql.org/download/product-categories/

There are 172 software listed here in total. Excluding the following categories which can be considered part of a DBMS, the number is 121. Certainly not much.

•Drivers and interfaces
•PostgreSQL-derived servers
•PostgreSQL extensions
•Procedural languages

Speaking without fear of misunderstanding, there are few software products listed that migrators from commercial databases would want to know... Even famous software like Pentaho, Microstrategy, Tableau, Eclipse and Visual Studio are not listed, which are known to work or should work with PostgreSQL. This is a shame.

Why don't we enrich the catalog? I'd like to hear ideas on how to enrich the catalog efficiently. It's ideal for software vendors and users to voluntarily add to the catalog.

Regards
MauMau