Installing tsearch

From: Jon Hassen <jhassen(at)azstarnet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installing tsearch
Date: 2002-03-12 01:17:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am having trouble getting the contrib/tsearch module loaded. It is giving
me an error that says I do not have 'flex' installed. I installed flex-2.5.4
and I still get this same message:

ERROR: `flex' is missing on your system. It is needed to create the
file `parser.c'. You can either get flex from a GNU mirror site
or download an official distribution of PostgreSQL, which contains
pre-packaged flex output.
***
gmake: *** [parser.c] Error 1

Help!! Does anyone have any ideas for me to try? Also, if anyone has any
experience with large text searches, I'd appreciate input on what has/has
not worked for you. It is a database of news articles.

Thank you very much,

Jon Hassen