Pooled Connections

From: Peter Muhlberger <peterm(at)andrew(dot)cmu(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Pooled Connections
Date: 2002-02-13 20:09:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm new to Postgres & had a question or two. I was hoping to create
connection pooling for a Tomcat / JSP application. I gather from the
Postgres / JDBC compliance page that this is implemented as XAConnection
only in the Postgresql driver. I have been unable to find any documentation
regarding a class in the driver that handles XAConnection or XATransaction.
I downloaded the pre-compiled JDBC driver & a listing of the contents of the
jar file does not turn up any classes that handle these either.

Am I correct in guessing, that the driver may need to be compiled under J2EE
before classes that handle connection pooling are included in the driver?
Any chance a pre-compiled version of such a driver is available somewhere?

Thanks,
peter