Re: Broken pipes

From: Keary Suska <hierophant(at)pcisys(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken pipes
Date: 2001-10-27 06:06:01
Lists: pgsql-general

I had experienced these errors in PHP with large selects (from a web
perspective--maybe a few thousand rows). It may have to do with the memory
limit imposed on PHP (se php.ini file). The symptom on the client end is
that the page seem to try to load until a timeout would be expected but then
it just quits.

You questions you want to ask yourself: 1) Are there any selects returning
rows larger than can be practically handled in a web browser? 2) have you
tried increasing the memory limit of PHP?

In my case, the solution was correcting my SQL statement where a syntactical
ambiguity was causing a cross join to occur.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.