Re: PHP Related Problem

From: Keary Suska <hierophant(at)pcisys(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHP Related Problem
Date: 2001-09-27 07:36:15
Lists: pgsql-general

> From: John Clark Naldoza y Lopez <njclark(at)ntsp(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp>
>> Hint: You cannot use a database handle as a global variable outside of its
>> native scope in certain versions of PHP. 4.0.6 corrects this problem.
>>

> Yes, you can... I'm using the pgsql.inc from the MRBS
> (http://mrbs.sourceforge.net) guys, and I am using 4.0.4pl1 =)

Yes, my statement was not entirely accurate--you *can*, however under
certain situations, especially, if I recall correctly, that you are
including a file which includes a file trying to use the global, that it
will almost always fail in PHP 4.0.4. This is a known bug listed in the PHP
buglist database, but obviously not the problem you were experiencing.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.