logging issue

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)illinois(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: logging issue
Date: 2012-03-06 21:04:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

PostgreSQL 9.1.3

I just moved our test database from PostgreSQL 9.0 to 9.1. I also changed my log settings. I am seeing every single SQL statement that PostgreSQL performs by my Java applications. Is there some way to only display the details when there is an error? I would assume yes. But for some reason I am getting all SQL statements. I just want the errors. I have included below my settings for the logging section. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

# ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING

# - Where to Log -

#log_destination = 'stderr' # Valid values are combinations of

logging_collector = on # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog

#log_directory = 'pg_log' # directory where log files are written,

log_filename = 'postgresql-9_1-%a.log' # log file name pattern,

#log_file_mode = 0600 # creation mode for log files,

log_truncate_on_rotation = on # If on, an existing log file with the

#log_rotation_age = 1d # Automatic rotation of logfiles will

log_rotation_size = 50MB # Automatic rotation of logfiles will

#syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
#syslog_ident = 'postgres'
#silent_mode = off # Run server silently.
#client_min_messages = notice # values in order of decreasing detail:
#log_min_messages = warning # values in order of decreasing detail:
#log_min_error_statement = error # values in order of decreasing detail:
#log_min_duration_statement = -1 # -1 is disabled, 0 logs all statements

#debug_print_parse = off
#debug_print_rewritten = off
#debug_print_plan = off
#debug_pretty_print = on
#log_checkpoints = off
#log_connections = off
#log_disconnections = off
#log_duration = off
#log_error_verbosity = default # terse, default, or verbose messages
#log_hostname = off

log_line_prefix = '%u::%t ' # special values:

#log_lock_waits = off # log lock waits >= deadlock_timeout

log_statement = 'all' # none, ddl, mod, all

#log_temp_files = -1 # log temporary files equal or larger
#log_timezone = '(defaults to server environment setting)'

Thanks,

Lance Campbell
Software Architect
Web Services at Public Affairs