Re: [WIP] Zipfian distribution in pgbench

From: Alik Khilazhev <a(dot)khilazhev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [WIP] Zipfian distribution in pgbench
Date: 2017-07-12 11:31:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello!

I want to say that our company is already engaged in the search for the causes of the problem and their solution. And also we have few experimental patches that increases performance for 1000 clients by several times.

In addition, I have fixed threadsafety issues and implemented per-thread cache for zeta values. See attached patch.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-zipf-02v.patch application/octet-stream 8.0 KB
unknown_filename text/plain 117 bytes