Can't drop table (repost)

From: Jeremy Buchmann <jeremy(at)wellsgaming(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can't drop table (repost)
Date: 2001-04-24 15:31:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

(This is a repost as I haven't received any answers yet :( )

Hi all,

I have a weird situation here...I'm trying to drop a table, but it tells me
that "Relation 'xxxxxxx' inherits 'mytable'". So I renamed mytable to
myoldtable and created a new mytable. Now, the new mytable is missing the
fields I was trying to add, and when I try to drop it, it says "Relation
'xxxxxxx' inherits 'mytable'". And when I try to drop myoldtable, it says
"Relation 'xxxxxxx' inherits 'myoldtable'". How do I get out of this mess?

Also, I noticed some tables named like pg_temp.1970.0 and such. They seem
to contain some junk data from queries or something, but it won't let me
delete them...how can I get rid of them?

I'm using pgsql 6.5.3 on Linux 2.2

Thanks,

-- Jeremy [jeremy(at)wellsgaming(dot)com]