Re: diagnosing a db crash - server exit code 2

From: "Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ)" <Robert(dot)Burgholzer(at)deq(dot)virginia(dot)gov>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Joe Conway" <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: diagnosing a db crash - server exit code 2
Date: 2011-09-23 20:45:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Scott - thanks, in pouring over the logs, I have not found anything certain, but have turned up a ton of mesages about my sysadmins se-linux security and php/pg (don't know if they're my app or script kiddies...). I will keep looking for things pertianing to these crashes. The message relative to php and pgsql:
Sep 20 11:37:32 deq1 setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing php (httpd_sys_script_t) "setopt" to <Unknown> (httpd_sys_script_t). For complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l 199268c4-b84d-4a33-a073-29bd4461f875

Joe - it appears that it ALWAYS involves pLR - even a simple median call has caused it, though I must say it is something that is calculating the median of somewhere around 10-20,000 pieces of data if that makes any difference. I would be delighted to run any kind of debugging necessary and share the info. I have an identical system that can reproduce the errors (I am pretty certain that they HAVE previously). What I DON'T have is any knowledge of the stack-trace/debugger things, but I'm willing to learn, and I have a sysadmin who may be able to lend a hand.

Thanks a bunch gents - I have been nibbling around the edges of this problem for quite some time and I am ready to take a bite,
r.b.