--enable-odbc issue for Darwin/Mac OS X

From: Ronald Guest <ronald(at)pepsan(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: --enable-odbc issue for Darwin/Mac OS X
Date: 2000-12-18 01:47:06
Lists: pgsql-patches

I grabbed the current source using anon CVS and compiled it using a recent
Mac OS X build. I used --enable-odbc and ran into compile problems with four
files in interfaces/odbc (bind, columninfo, environ, tuplelist) because they
have an unconditional include of <malloc.h>. I manually changed the files
using the following conditional compile and they work fine. (I borrowed this
from a couple of other open source tools).

/* Ignore malloc.h if we have STDC_HEADERS */
#if defined(HAVE_MALLOC_H) && !defined(STDC_HEADERS)
# include <malloc.h>
#endif

Unfortunately, I'm not adept with configure* files and don't feel equipped
to propose a change to those that would likely work on all platforms (i.e.
to check for stdlib.h/malloc.h. Can anyone assist or provide some guidance?

Thanks,
Ron

Ronald Guest
Pepsan & Associates, Inc. Creating Pathways to Excellence
ronald(at)pepsan(dot)com
http://www.pepsan.com

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm - Ralph Waldo Emerson