newbie question: ERROR: getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2

From: Isaac <Isaac(at)UNSTOPPABLE(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: newbie question: ERROR: getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2
Date: 2000-10-27 22:08:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm getting this weird error when using the \d or \dd command. This same
error also pops up when I try to do anything in pgaccess. This is PostgreSQL
7.0.2 on LinuxPPC. I tried wiping out the whole installation, reinstalling,
rebooting the whole machine, starting with a fresh install and fresh
database. Still I can't seem to get this error to go away. I don't see
anything about this error in the manuals (I did a full text search!).

Here's a little transcript of the action. I created a database called test1,
a new table, then added a few rows. So it seems like I can hobble by as long
as I don't use pgaccess or the \d command with an argument ... but it would
be nice to use them (and know everything's right). Thanks for any help...

\/---------transcript:--------------\/

$ psql test1
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\q to quit

test1=# \d
List of relations
Name | Type | Owner
---------------+----------+----------
stuff | table | user1
stuff_sid_seq | sequence | user1
(2 rows)

test1=# \d stuff
ERROR: getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2
test1=# \dd stuff
ERROR: get_attdisbursion: no attribute tuple 16932 -2
test1=# insert into stuff (stuffhere) values ('here is some stuff.');
INSERT 19071 1
test1=# insert into stuff (stuffhere) values ('here is some more stuff.');
INSERT 19072 1
test1=# select * from stuff;
sid | stuffhere
1 | here is some stuff.
2 | here is some more stuff.
(2 rows)

test1=# \d stuff
ERROR: getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1259 -2