Trying to use PGSql with PHP

From: John Tsombakos <johnts(at)ziplink(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trying to use PGSql with PHP
Date: 2000-10-08 05:20:21
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to setup PostgreSQL on Redhat Linux 6.2 and access it with PHP. I
have Apache installed and working, PHP installed and working, and PostgreSQL
installed and working. However, I'm trying to get PHP to talk to the
PostgreSQL system. I believe I need to install php-pgsql-3.0.15-2.rpm, but
when I try, I get an error saying the that package depends on
'libpq.so.2.0'. I have PostgreSQL v7.0.2 (all of the RPMS's) and PHP 3.0.15
installed.

What am I missing? I'm a bit of a newbie with Linux, so any help will be
grateful!

Thanks,
John Tsombakos
johnts(at)ziplink(dot)net <*>