RHEL-8 Kernel Settings

From: John Wiencek <jwiencek3(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RHEL-8 Kernel Settings
Date: 2021-06-10 18:06:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello

I’m looking for assistance in determining kernel setting for a VM RHEL-8 linux server running postgresql-13.

I have 3 server groupings

1) 2 vcpu’s 8gb memory
2) 4 cpu’s 16gb memory
3) 8 cpu’s 32gb memory

I’ve read various articles and the PostgreSQL documentation . Does anyone have practical experiences doing this kind of set up

Do kernel setting requirements change based on the number of cpu’s and amount of memory? I’ve not read any mention of this.

Regards

John W