Re: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server)

From: Benjamin Adida <ben(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alessio Bragadini <alessio(at)albourne(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The New Slashdot Setup (includes MySql server)
Date: 2000-05-18 17:42:13
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

on 5/18/00 1:12 PM, Bruce Momjian at pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us wrote:

> Seems like inertia was the reason to stay with MySQL. What that means
> to me is that for their application space, PostgreSQL already has
> superior technology, and people realize it. This means we are on our
> way up, and MySQL is, well, ....

There is this growing desire among some OpenACS people to replicate the
Slashdot functionality in an OpenACS module (probably a weekend's worth of
work). I wish I had a bit more free time to do it. It's time to show what
can be done with a real RDBMS (and a real web application environment, but
that's a different story).

-Ben