Upgd from 7.0 to 7.1

From: "Diehl, Jeffrey" <jdiehl(at)sandia(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Upgd from 7.0 to 7.1
Date: 2001-05-29 19:22:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I'm in the planning to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 and need to ask a few
questions before I make my deployment plan.

Will I have to do a dump/restore of the database? I have a large database
(100+ Million records) and would rather not have to do a dump.

If I have to do a dump, do need to run the old db in order to do the dump.
Then I guess I'd have to start the new db and do the restore. That would
suck with a database this large.

Please let me know about any details in doing this upgrade.

Thanx,
Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
Sandia National Laboratories.