DB porting questions...

From: "Diehl, Jeffrey" <jdiehl(at)sandia(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DB porting questions...
Date: 2001-04-11 23:02:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I'm in the final stages of migrating from mysql to postgres and have a few
more questions...

1)
I have a table:
create table a (
t timestamp not null,
);

I'm thinking that I can define a.t as not null default=now(). But will this
work? That is, will it update a.t when I modified a given record?

2)
I have another table:
create table b (
id int not null AUTO_INCREMENT,
);

To reproduce this behavior, I believe I need to use a sequence. The problem
is that I have a lot of data to import into this table. How do I import the
old data without colliding with the new sequence numbers?

Thanx in advance,
Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.
284-3137