Re: [GENERAL] passing variables in PHP3

From: Dave White <davew(at)landie(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: sheila bel <sheilabel(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] passing variables in PHP3
Date: 2000-02-28 00:33:18
Lists: pgsql-general

sheila bel wrote:

> I've written an application for the web that asks users for their
> id and password, checks the database and if they are legit
> takes them to a page. Now I'm using the PHP_AUTH_USER variable
> to identify the user and I need that information from one
> file to another. How do I do that ?

Simplest way is to use a cookie, set it to be a cookie that times out after
the current session so you can ask the user to login again when they start
another session. PHP will pass you the cookie data with every page the user
requests after that point.

See the function "cookie" in the PHP manuals.

regards

Dave W.

--
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling
like the passengers in his bus.