Problems with createdb.exe and createuser.exe

From: "Zhan Deng" <zdeng(at)copanion(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems with createdb.exe and createuser.exe
Date: 2007-05-29 21:40:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a question regarding the PostgreSQL installation.

I installed PostgreSQL in silent mode successfully. I passed the
following parameters into the postgresql:

Msiexec postgresql-8.2-int.msi" /l*v C:\\log4.txt /qb INTERNALLAUNCH=1
ADDLOCAL=server,psql,pgadmin,jdbc,npgsql SERVICEDOMAIN=%COMPUTERNAME%
CREATESERVICEUSER=1 SERVICEACCOUNT=postgres SERVICEPASSWORD=pgservice
SUPERPASSWORD=pgsuper BASEDIR=C:\postgres\postgresql-8.2.3

After the installation, I was trying to run createdb.exe and
createuser.exe utilities in a silent mode. But they always ask me to
enter the password. Is there is a way that I can run them by passing
the username/password from the command line without the prompting for
entering password/interactive mode.

Thank you,

Zhan