Re: JDBC/Stored procedure performance issue

From: Claire McLister <mclister(at)zeesource(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC/Stored procedure performance issue
Date: 2008-01-31 19:29:52
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks, Tom. Looks like that was the issue.

I changed the function to use groupid = 57925 instead of groupid = $1
(I can do the same change in the JDBC prepare statement), and the
performance is much better.

It is still more than twice that of the simple query: 401.111 ms vs.
155.544 ms, which, however, is more acceptable than 3000ms.

Will upgrade to 8.1 at some point, but would like to get reasonable
performance with 7.4 until then. I did increase the statistics target
to 1000.

Claire