Re: PostGreSQL to Access Updatable recordset

From: "Goutam Paruchuri" <gparuchuri(at)oneil(dot)com>
To: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)nospam(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostGreSQL to Access Updatable recordset
Date: 2004-11-15 18:24:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Try this,

Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
Conn.open "DNS=SAP_PG;uid=postgres"
Set rsE = Conn.Execute(updateSQL)

Where updateSQL is your update statement.
Check permissions for updates/write for the user you are connecting.

- Goutam

FConversion=1;
> UpdatableCursors=1;DisallowPremature=0;TrueIsMinus1=0;BI=0;Byt
eaAsLongVarBin
> ary=0;UseServerSidePrepare=0"
>

> In answer to your upcoming questions:
>
> 1) ProductID is the primary key on the table.
> 2) I do not want to use linked forms, they go much slower
> then connecting directly through the ADO recordset.
> 3) I put a breakpoint right after the open statement and
> checked the value of rs.CursorType and that is when I saw it
> was adOpenStatic
> 4) I am using PostGreSQL 8.0beta1
> 5) ODBC driver 7.03.02.00

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil & Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.