Re: Cancelling Requests Frontend/Backend Protocol TCP/IP

From: Raimon Fernandez <coder(at)montx(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cancelling Requests Frontend/Backend Protocol TCP/IP
Date: 2009-11-02 09:15:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

For what I've read in the manuals, this operation is only valid before
PostgreSQL has finished processing the SELECT statement ?

If for example I send a SELECT * from myTable, it has 20000 rows, and
postgre starts sending the rows, how I can cancel this operation ?

I thought Cancelling Requests would be perfect for this ... the
workaround is closing and opening again the connection but I don't
like this approach ...

thanks,

regards,

raimon