RE: Re: Replace MSSQL by PostgreSQL ?

From: Pruner Jan <pruner(at)cekia(dot)cz>
To: Pieter Grimmerink <p(dot)grimmerink(at)home(dot)nl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Re: Replace MSSQL by PostgreSQL ?
Date: 2001-05-28 06:18:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, Pieter,
there is no problem with ODBC, but
you have to move your database architecture to PostgreSQL.
There are some problems with the the lack of SQL compatibleness between MS &
PG (of course - no standard).

MS use getdate() to get current_timestamp etc.

I stopped porting because I have table 'name' on MS, but on PG is it
impossible.

regards,

Jan Pruner