VACUUM FULL [ANALYZE] problem

From: Tim Vadnais <tvadnais(at)bwks(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: VACUUM FULL [ANALYZE] problem
Date: 2004-12-15 01:15:08
Lists: pgsql-general

If I run a vacuum full on my system I get the following warning. The
optional analyze has no effect on the output.

bwks=# VACUUM FULL;
WARNING: index "pg_database_datname_index" contains 3 row versions, but
table contains 4 row versions
HINT: Rebuild the index with REINDEX.
WARNING: index "pg_database_oid_index" contains 3 row versions, but table
contains 4 row versions
HINT: Rebuild the index with REINDEX.

I tried to rebuild the two indexes and got the following error. The
optional FORCE has no effect on the output.

bwks=# reindex index pg_database_oid_index;
ERROR: shared index "pg_database_oid_index" can only be reindexed in
stand-alone mode
bwks=# reindex index pg_database_datname_index;
ERROR: shared index "pg_database_datname_index" can only be reindexed in
stand-alone mode

I tried running 'vacuumdb -full -d bwks' and got the warning messages there
as well.

My question is:
What is stand-alone mode?

Thank you,