Re: PG_DUMP very slow because of STDOUT ??

From: Andras Fabian <Fabian(at)atrada(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG_DUMP very slow because of STDOUT ??
Date: 2010-07-12 08:45:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom (or others),

are there some recommended settings/ways to use oprofile on a situation like this??? I got it working, have seen a first profile report, but then managed to completely freeze the server on a second try with different oprofile settings (next tests will go against the newly installed - next and identical - new servers).

Andras Fabian