Re: [9.4 bug] The database server hangs with write-heavy workload on Windows

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Heikki Linnakangas" <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, "Andres Freund" <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Craig Ringer" <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [9.4 bug] The database server hangs with write-heavy workload on Windows
Date: 2014-10-14 12:59:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
> Committed this.

Thank you very much. I didn't anticipate such a difficult complicated
cause. The user agreed to try the patch tonight. I'll report back the
result as soon as I got it from him.

BTW, in LWLockWaitForVar(), the first line of the following code fragment is
not necessary, because lwWaitLink is set to head immediately. I think it
would be good to eliminate as much unnecessary code as possible from the
spinlock section.

proc->lwWaitLink = NULL;

/* waiters are added to the front of the queue */
proc->lwWaitLink = lock->head;

Regards
MauMau