Re: mising chunk

From: "Silvela, Jaime \(Exchange\)" <JSilvela(at)Bear(dot)com>
To: "Andrzej Folek" <afolek(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: mising chunk
Date: 2006-08-26 20:03:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I had this problem a few weeks ago.

What I did was isolate it into an individual row that was causing the
problem, then going over the fields one by one, till I located the free
text field that was responsible.

Then I repopulated it with the value in the latest backup I could find.

I wasn't able to find any better techniques on the web.

For locating the faulty row, you might want to write a procedural
routine that will query rows sequentially.

I did it in a very crude way by using LIMIT statements till I hit the
mark.

As to why this happens, the suggestion I got here was faulty hardware.

Good luck

_____