Newbie: problem Connecting to Server

From: "Ferindo Middleton Jr" <ferindo(dot)middleton(at)verizon(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newbie: problem Connecting to Server
Date: 2003-03-31 06:30:56
Lists: pgsql-docs

I'm running Redhat Linux 8. I have registration to the Redhat Network so
I'm probably running the latest version of postgre sql available. I also
have Redhat Databse v2.1 installed, but whenever I try to start a session,
I get the following error message:

psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory

Please help me configure my system so that I can connect and begin to use
postgresql.