pg_sequences bug ?

From: "Shinoda, Noriyoshi" <noriyoshi(dot)shinoda(at)hpe(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp" <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>
Subject: pg_sequences bug ?
Date: 2017-02-04 05:50:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

I tried a committed pg_sequences for PostgreSQL 10dev (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/12/771/).
I found that when multiple users create SEQUENCE, I cannot see the pg_sequences catalog. I think that should work just like pg_tables.

$ psql -U user1
postgres=> CREATE SEQUENCE seq1 ;
CREATE SEQUENCE

$ psql -U user2
postgres=> CREATE SEQUENCE seq2 ;
CREATE SEQUENCE
postgres=> SELECT * FROM pg_sequences ;
ERROR: permission denied for sequence seq1

Apparently it seems that the pg_sequence_last_value function included in the pg_sequences view definition cannot be executed.
Is this behavior supposed?

Snapshot:
https://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/snapshot/dev/postgresql-snapshot.tar.gz 2017-02-04 00:29:04
Operating System:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Update 2 (x86-64)

Regards.