Re: Timestamp output

From: "Robert Treat" <robertt(at)auctionsolutions(dot)com>
To: "Matteo Beccati" <m(dot)beccati(at)crpsoftware(dot)it>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Timestamp output
Date: 2002-02-26 19:34:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Well, I know the source of your problems, if not the solution...

(from the docs) time, timestamp, and interval accept an optional precision
value p which specifies the number of fractional digits retained in the
seconds field. By default, there is no explicit bound on precision. The
effective limit of precision is determined by the underlying double
precision floating-point number used to store values (in seconds for
interval and in seconds since 2000-01-01 for timestamp). The useful range of
p is from 0 to about 6 for timestamp, but may be more for interval. The
system will accept p ranging from 0 to 13.

http://www7.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/datatype-dateti
me.html

I didn't see anything specific about reverting back to the old format, but
this might help point you in the right direction

Robert