RE: PostgresSQL project

From: Luke Porter <luke_porter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: PostgresSQL project
Date: 2020-05-19 07:01:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Peter

Thanks for the prompt response.

Yes, this is an open source project which will be shared with the community. We will also consider hiring appropriate consultants.

At a summary level, we have a proven approach for how a relational database can provide comprehensive logical insert, update and delete functionality through an append only paradigm which effectively delivers a perfect audit ie a means to access the database at any point in the audit (time) and for all data to be in a relationally correct state.

In so doing, we are removing the need for the use of update and delete code (as presently used) with enhancements to the insert code module.

We presently achieve this affect by use of a generator which creates an application specific database environment for append only (with a normal current view schema being the input for the generator).

The specification for the requirements of the insert code module is very detailed. Our challenge is to identify appropriate PostgreSQL architects/programmers who have experience of the PostgreSQL database kernel. More specifically, to outline the general approach and work packages to go about this.

Regards

Luke